Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Kathy Orta Envelope Mini

Once you follow a Kathy Orta tutorial, you'll never go back. She is such an awesome and happy person, it makes you want to keep watching and creating!  After making the first envelope mini from a child's card making kit, I went to Michael's and bought some Recollections blank envelopes and cards and proceeded to make another.  I used paper from My Mind's Eye Antique Floral collection, in a 12 x 12 pad, and Recollections blank envelopes and cards from Michael's.  I made a Gorilla tape spine and colored it with a copper colored Sharpie to make it match the paper line.  The Gorilla Tape Camo is really nice to be able to color with permanent markers.  It has a fabric-like finish that lends itself to being colored :)  There are a lot of pics in this post, so please bear with me :)



For the closure I used a piece of 3/8 elastic and hand-dyed it with distress inks, to match the paper line and the gorilla tape binding.  I also did the same with the piece of lace trim on the front cover.



Every other envelope page has a card flip that has been matted and decorated to use as journaling spots or photo mats.




I added lots of pockets and extras to this one as well...increases the real estate, as Kathy Orta says.


Every other envelope page has a top loading pocket, that has a full, double-sided photo mats.

















I really like this paper line, the blues, greens, browns and purples are a great compliment to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment