Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Teenage Booklover's Dream

I have a fourteen year old daughter who LOVES books.  She reads probably 4 or 5 novels a week.  Yes, novels, not comics or picture books. We are talking 400 - 700 page novels.  Weird for a 14 year old girl, let me tell ya.  She recently got some money for her birthday, and we were talking in the store about how she wanted to spend her windfall.  As we come to our turn at the cash, I said to her:  "please don't tell me you plan on spending all $150 on books."  The cashier starts giggling.  Its a very small town and everyone knows everyone, so it was no surprise to me that she found this funny.  The cashier says:  "well, there are worse things she could be spending it on...".  Yes, I realize this and of course I had a big grin on my face, as I was trying to pull my daughters leg.  Too funny, my daughter and her best friend are both big readers and we often joke about how the two of them like to hang out, one at each end of the couch with a book.  LOL!  Ok, ok, I am not complaining, trust me!  So, when a friend (Shelley!) showed me this tutorial on Youtube about making your own book desk organizers, I just had to try it.  It is very small, 2 x 3 inches I think, but turns out very cute!  My daughter fell instantly in love with it and claimed it as her own.  And, of course, begged me to make more!  Which I did, but that's all for another post!  See you soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment