Friday, October 17, 2014

Whimsy Stamps and Quick Creations!

Hello everyone, and to my fellow Canadians, Happy Thanksgiving!  Don't forget to ponder all that is good in your life, especially today.

Lately there has been so many negative images and stories in the news, online and everywhere, I especially need to ponder the good things as I just seem to let the world get to me sometimes.  So, before I go into my project, I would like say thanks for what I have:  two beautiful daughters, who are growing up so fast but at the same so wonderful and warm; my husband Pat, who does everything he can to make sure we are taken care of; my parents, for always being there, and for teaching me to be the person I am today; my sister, without whom I would definitely be a different person, her imagination and spunk has taught me many things, one of which is to keep my imagination and spunk ;) ; and my friends, in person or online, for always giving me a reality check when I need it, a virtual shoulder when I need it, and most importantly, a smile when I least expect it.  I would also like to says thanks for the people who have faith in me to showcase their products online.  I so enjoy this part of my creativity right now.

OK, I know, enough of the mushy stuff, lol.

For my Quick Creations DT project this week, I worked with Whimsy Stamp's "Young Spring Fairy".  This is my first time working with a Whimsy product, and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed this image.  The stamp lines are fabulously thin, which lend a great professional finish to my project.  Almost like 'no-lines coloring', lol!

"Young Spring Fairy" Rubber Stamp by Whimsy Stamps

"Young Spring Fairy" Rubber Stamp by Whimsy Stamps

I created this with a 5 x 7 card blank, using the Whimsy Stamps rubber stamp, Heidi Swapp letters and the Die-Versions "Birthday" banner die from Quick Creations online store.  I added ribbons, fibres, cardstock, paper flowers and bling from my stash.  I colored this fairy with Prismacolor and Koh-I-Nor pencils in the following colors:
Hair - PC940, 942, 948
Skin - PC927, 939, 928
Wings - PC1026, 956, 932, 1001, 992, KIN 20, 8
Shirt - PC992, 905, 901, KIN 20
Pants - PC927, 1001, 1092,1031
Shoes - PC1023, 1022, 1027, 938, 935
Mushroom - PC1068, 1072, 1076
Spots - PC997, 941, 947

I hope you check this awesome stamp out, it really was a treat to color :)

Please join us for a challenge over on Quick Creations blog!  Prizes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment