Saturday, March 21, 2015

Some ribbon jewelry fun!

My piece this week was supposed to be a challenge piece for the beginning of the month for Crafty Ribbons. But due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to take some time off.  I am back and ready to roll, lol, and here it is :


I created this vintage looking necklace using the Flower Blocks sheer ribbon, and heat embossed the edges with fuschia embossing powder.  This is the first time I try this technique and at first I worried about the ribbon ruffling in the heat, but it actually adds to the authenticity of the flower :)  I won't worry over that any more.  I added the rose and some pearl trim to a metal embellishment, and added chain and some danglies to complete the piece.  I am quite happy with the outcome of this piece and will be making more ribbon jewelry on the future ;)

I am so excited that this piece will be published in Scrap 'n Art Magazine in July's issue!  The photo will be replaced in September ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment