Thursday, April 30, 2015

I Love You With All My Heart with Crafty Ribbons

Hello everyone!  Spring has finally sprung!  And along with it comes moving day for me....well, actually moving week, and this is the week.  What a job!  It will feel so good to get it over with.

For the Crafty Ribbons challenge this week, the theme is anything goes, so I have chosen to create an "I Love You" card, using the 35mm red satin ribbon and the french viscose lace in white.



I have used my Kuretake Gansai watercolors to create the background with the red and pearl colors.  Then I stamped the lace doily with white pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The flower is made using Kanzashi techniques, and I added the white pearl stamen from Marion Smith Designs.  The sentiment is from Crafter's Companion Heartfelt Wishes stamp set and the small white doily is die cut using the Spellbinders Teardrop Doily die set.

I love creating these flowers with ribbon.  Such a fun and easy technique that creates beautiful flowers.  The satin ribbon from Crafty Ribbons is heaven to work with and lends itself very well to these Kanzashi techniques.  I definitely have to order more :)

Don't forget to join in the challenge, you can find it here.  You can also find loads of inspiration from the entire design team on the inspiration blog here :)  Until next time....a-packing-I-will-go :P

No comments:

Post a Comment