Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Never Have A Sympathy Card When You Need One...

A terrible tragedy overtook a family in my area a couple weeks ago.  The family had been out of town for a hockey tournament, and on the way home, the grandfather had a stroke while driving the van, carrying his daughter and two grand daughters and grand son.  The two grand daughters and the grand father passed away, leaving the mother and the grandson in critical condition in the hospital in Toronto.  I knew the older girl, she went to school where I work, and the whole school community felt such a deep loss.  During this time, I thought to myself, I never have a sympathy card when I need one.  We don't like to think we will ever need them, but we do, and we will.

So I poured my heart and soul into this watercolor sympathy card and I will have it on hand when I need, should I need it, and yes, I know....at some point...I will need it.  Sad as it is :(


I used an Altenew stamp that I just adore and heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder.  The I used my brand new Zig watercolors to paint - inside the lines so-to-speak.  I love the outcome of this, so perfect and classy.  I used a stamp from my stash for the sentiment (sorry I don't know what company the stamp is from) and added dew drops with my Ranger Glossy Accents.

I am supremely impressed with this new stamp company.  The Altenew stamps are so crisp and clear and don't seem to require any conditioning at all.  I will definitely be ordering from them again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment