Monday, June 29, 2015

Howdy Folks!

Howdy Folks!  I have an awesome image to showcase this week for Paola, from My Whimsical Little World.  This cowgirl image was just begging for some sepia tones.  Similar to the Graduation Girl image I did three weeks ago, this time I used only sepia and cream to complete this project :)



I colored this image with only two Prismacolor Premiere Pencils:  PC948 (Sepia) and PC(!$ (Cream).  This is such an awesome way to practice light source, as there are only two colors, and they totally absolutely depend solely on your light source direction.  I used paper from MME's Lost & Found - Union Square 6 x 6 paper pad, and created the sentiment by die cutting the word howdy twice.  Once with patterned paper and then once with brown cardstock.  I glued the brown down first, then offset the patterned letters to create a deep shadow to the left of every letter.

I also created a lasso out of some thicker tatting thread to add to the character of the card :)


This is a new release image from My Whimsical Little World, and you will find two new releases every Monday!  This image is now available in the Etsy Sgop, MWLW Digi Shop, where you;'ll also find many many more awesome images for any occasion.  Don't forget, next month (July) we will be starting the monthly challenges over on the new challenge blog!  You can also find us on Pinterest and Facebook!


1 comment:

  1. Stunning Leah! Love the coloring and the design of your card is adorable!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete