Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Some Crafty Ribbon Inspiration For You

It's inspiration time for me over at Crafty Ribbons and I have a trio of cards for you today.  I have had a bit of a rough time the last few months and when I am down, I find it helpful to make someone else's day.  So I decided to make 3 "pick-you-up" cards, using a distress ink and stencil technique that I really enjoy.  I recently got two new Distress colors as well, so of course I had to try those out!



For the 'Smile' card, I used all of my blue distress ink colors and the Tim Holtz stencil.  Paired it with a Close to my Heart stamp and a CC Designs sentiment stamp.  For the lace, I used some white Morlaix Cotton Lace from Crafty Ribbons.



On the "hugs" card, I used abandoned coral and antique linen distress inks with the same stencil as above. The stamp is from penny Black.  The ribbon is white seam binding, also from Crafty Ribbons.



And lastly, I used only abandoned coral on this good thoughts card, along with another Tim Holtz stencil. I also stamped this card, but this time used a Hero Arts stamp.  The orange ribbon is 6mm Tango Grosgrain ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.

I had so much fun making these cards, I couldn't stop at just one :)

Don't forget to come and visit the Ribbon Emporium for all your ribbon needs and wants.  They also have ribbon embroidery kits!  Come back and visit again soon, because I will be trying one of these kits over the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment