Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fun Friendly Challenge with Jammie Clark :)

Hello everyone, Jammie and I are back with our fun and friendly challenge :)  We have decided to do this every month, and so far it's been a blast!

Next month, for a twist, we are each going to pick a challenge to enter our projects in :)  We'll see how that goes, and if we like it, well...we just may keep doing that!  We've also come up with a name to encompass what we do every month...but that's a SUPER secret SECRET for another day...muwahahahahahahaha. (yes, that's my evil laugh lol)

So, without further adieu...here is my card for September....can you tell what the element is that Jammie and I have both used?  You can view her project here on her blog :)


I had a ton of fun creating this card.  And I used a few different techniques to create the background (well, and foreground for that matter lol).  The very first layer is Distress Inks in Faded Jeans and Frayed Burlap.  The second layer is an embossing folder that I sprayed with water and applied just with a little pressure from my hands.  The water moved and removed some of the distress inks, leaving a visible image in the colors. 

The third layer is the flourish stamp from the Stampin' Up Creative Elements set and it is stamped with Staz On ink.  Then the fourth layer (phew! I'm running out of breath!) is Recollections Signature Series watercolor markers and well, water of course.  I used the blue to paint the flower shapes in the flourish stamp and the brown to do the leaf shapes.  I used a lot of water and then blotted them out so that it gives a bleached out look, while still adding color to the area. 

The next step was to outline the flower shapes with a black marker.  I wanted them to stand out a little bit more.  And lastly, the white gel pen added some strategically placed highlights and the white dots in the background.

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to go and visit Jammie's blog as well :)

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment