Thursday, January 4, 2018

#ArtLove52 Art Journal Challenge Week #1 And GO!

It's time!  The #ArtLove52 art journal challenge starts today! The inspiration word for week one is COMPASSION. 

#ArtLove52, Leah Tees, Art Journal




I created an art journal page in my 5 x 7 vertical journal that I made myself. 

#ArtLove52, Leah Tees, Art Journal









I started by creating a background with Dylusions paint and some white gesso.  I used my fingers of course, lol, and some mark makers, and stencils.











#ArtLove52, Leah Tees, Art Journal






I love creating in this journal, the size is perfect and I really like the vertical orientation.

The word for this week is compassion, a word that speaks volumes.  I've always believed that compassion is learned in the home first.  If we don't have compassion for those we love, can we expect them to have compassion for strangers?  







#ArtLove52, Leah Tees, Art Journal







After I created the background, I drew the shape of a house and traced it onto the background.  Using some acrylic paint in a darker teal, I watered it down and painted the background around the house.  I wanted it to be transparent enough to see the background through the paint, but dark enough to see the shape of the house.










#ArtLove52, Leah Tees, Art Journal









I added some dark teal Lyra Watercolour Crayon to shade the house, and white to highlight the house.  Around the outside of the house, I added some black to create shading.











#ArtLove52, Leah Tees, Art Journal








I added some dark teal splatters around the outside of the house as well, and printed my text on some tissue paper.  I added the tissue paper text to the art journal page with Matte Medium by Ranger.












I hope you are able to play along with me for this year-long challenge!  And if you do, please use the hashtag #ArtLove52 so I can find your creations!  And if you email me a picture of your creation, along with a social media link, I will include them in my next #ArtLove52 blog post!  I hope to hear from you soon :)

You can email pictures to leahtees@gmail.com and include the week number in the subject line (for example "Week 1")

The word for Week 2 is WINTER.  I hope you have fun creating!  See you soon ~ Leah


#ArtLove52, Leah Tees, Art Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment