Tuesday, February 20, 2018

#Artlove52 Week 6: Dancing

Ahh yes, it seems I am having some trouble keeping to this schedule, lol. And I am still behind with #ArtLove52. I do plan to catch up and hopefully by the end of this month I will be where I'm supposed to be lol. But in the meantime, here is Week 6, and the word for that week was Dancing.

Art Journal, #ArtLove52, Leah Tees


I created this journal page in my handmade horizontal journal on mixed media paper. I started by gessoing the page with black gesso. I wanted to try the Prima Finnabair Art Alchemy Wax on a black background.


Art Journal, #ArtLove52, Leah Tees


I also added some texture paste with a stencil before I gessoed the page. When it was all dry, I thought it needed some color, so I added some Artisan Powder in Marquise Blue. And although I really like the color, it didn't sit well with me, so I also added some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray.


Art Journal, #ArtLove52, Leah Tees



I found the text online (my favorite way to find text lol) and printed it out, while I was waiting for the background to dry. I also found some papers in my collage stash that I thought went well with the Artisan Powder and Distress Spray.


Art Journal, #ArtLove52, Leah Tees



I used the Art Alchemy Wax in Bronze Age to highlight the stenciled texture paste and also to frame the text and collage papers. Then I glued some metallic and teal threads down under the collage and text papers. To finish this page off, I added some metal brads and a wooden laser cut.


Art Journal, #ArtLove52, Leah Tees



I love the text on this piece. "I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself." How awesome is that? We should all strive to dance better than ourselves rather than trying to dance better than anyone else. How can we be better people if we don't?

Thank you for stopping by, I hope to have #ArtLove52 Week 7's inspiration up this week. The word for Week 7 was Water :)

No comments:

Post a Comment